The land is baked and I’m still on to baking..what’s wrong with me? Well..nothing’s wrong with me.. it’s just my love for baking that wins over the scorching heat. I’m planning to take a break from oh-that-smell-of-fresh-heaven (I mean, baking) and concentrate on summer delights—mango, watermelon, musk melon, cucumber, mint …there’s so much that can deflate the effect of the heat and give us a refreshing feeling.
Vanilla mug cake. Oreo mug cake.. Well.. why not a mug cake made with my favourite and delicious fruit…and umm.. with little mess in just under 5 minutes.. Hell yeah.. my day can’t get perfect.. Mango mug cake it is !
I know that just two minutes ago I said that I’ll be taking a break from baking.. point A- mug cakes aren’t actually included in baking. Point B- It is made of mangoes and is definitely a summer delight.
Why so much discussion about why Mango Mug Cake? The question her would be.. WHY NOT this gorgeous delight? There’s nothing that would dissuade me from making ! And I mean..nothing!
Well well.. roll up your sleeves.. and just get on with it..!
Easy to make, eggless mango mug cake-all in one sentence and my day is made!
Love oreos? Love cake? Why not combine both of them ?!!? AND … yes.. let’s combine them in less than 4 minutes. Sounds amazing, doesn’t it? Well..with mug cakes ruling the world, I tried my hand at various recipes…they ranged from utter delights to spoilt ones. Don’t worry.. I’ll give you the best of the recipes. This one’s definitely for you if you are too lazy to bake a cake..and love oreos!
1. Take the oreo biscuits and remove the cream from the center. Take out the cream nicely as it will be used for garnishing.
2. Churn the biscuits in a mixer grinder. A fine powder must be obtained at the end of this step. Take this in a mug/bowl.
3. To it, add powdered sugar and baking soda.
4. Next add the milk. The batter’s consistency will be thinner than that of a cake. Mix well using a spoon. Transfer the mixture into a greased mug (microwave-safe mug).
5. Microwave for a minute. Check after a minute and microwave for 15-20 seconds more, if needed.
6. The mug cake is ready. Let it cool for 2-3 minutes and then decorate with the cream removed from the biscuits.
What are you waiting for..? Oh yeah.. let it cool for two minutes..and then…. well..don’t wait ! Just eat it right away !
Have you ever had the urge to eat a cake but the efforts and the time demanded scared you away? OR that sudden insatiable craving at an odd time? Well.. the solution is here. MUG CAKES! The concept has been doing the rounds of the culinary world and has been popularized over past some time.
It’s a major quick fix..but don’t let that fool you.. it’s actually great and I ended up wondering if I should rather shift permanently to this method… A variety of mug cake recipes are available but I needed a sure-shot recipe that wouldn’t fail me at the time of the hunger-test.
So, here’s a basic vanilla mug cake recipe that takes a total of only 4 minutes ! It’s moist.. it’s filling .. it’s easy.. and it’s GOOD ..! AND the best part is that it’s SPONGY too ! 🙂
Go grab a mug and make this right now !
EGG LESS VANILLA MUG CAKE IN 2 MINUTES RECIPE
Makes – 1 Mug Cake
Preparation time – 2 minutes
Cook time – 2 minutes (microwave)
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Give it a good mix using a spoon.
2. Pour the batter into a microwave safe mug and bake for a minute. Tap it gently and then microwave again for a minute.
3. Serve warm with chocolate syrup. Sprinkles, chocolate chips, chocolate shavings or candied dry fruits may also be used to decorate.
The cake batter is to be prepared in a separate bowl and then transferred to the mug in which it will be baked.
Make sure the mug is microwave safe.
The mug cake takes exactly 2 minutes. Check it once at the first minute and give it a little tap. And then bake for another minute.
Flavours and colours may be added to get the mug cake in the desired flavour.
Take a mug that is wide mouthed, rather than one which is narrow. It gives more surface of contact and makes it easier to bake. Also, the mug shouldn’t be filled more than half or two-thirds. There must be room for rising, just like in the case of any other cake.