My love for mangoes increases with each passing day. And it goes without saying that I want to try every mango-related recipe that I can lay my hands on. Do you know what the best part about mango is..? It can make anything taste delicious. It works well with everything and it is used in a boatload of dishes.
I have tried salads, desserts, ice cream…even beverages with mangoes. I decided that it was time to integrate the delicious goodness with the heaven of baking. Mango Muffins… sounded like a perfect plan !
Well.. I tried my hands on these muffins and these were a winner. They left me wanting for more.. I was too tired to whip another batch but I’m gonna do that soon. My entire family loved it…and I was told that these were by far the best muffins they’ve had so far.
The yogurt gives it the sponge and the moisture. Chopped mangoes and the grated coconut give it an unbelievably great texture and taste.
God ! I love these muffins !
I so wish that we had mangoes all around the year….I’ve gotta make these soon and more often ..they’re THIS inviting… and this DELICIOUS !
Here’s how you can make this delight-
1. In a big bowl, mix yogurt and vegetable oil.
2. To this, add chopped mangoes and freshly grated coconut.
3. To this, add granulated sugar and mix well.
4. In another small bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients of flour, soda and salt.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Stir until just combined.
6. Pour into lined or greased muffin moulds.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 175˚C for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes clean.
8. Cool for 10 minutes in the moulds and then cool completely on a wire rack.
Mango Yogurt Muffins Recipe
Preparation Time- 10-15 minutes
Baking Time- 20-25 minutes
Yields- 12 muffins
All Purpose Flour- 1 cup
Yogurt- ½ cup
Vegetable Oil- ¼ cup
Sugar- ½ cup
Ripe Sweet Mango- ¾ cup, finely chopped
Fresh grated Coconut- ¼ cup
Baking Soda- 1 tsp
Salt- ¼ tsp
1. Preheat the oven to 175˚C for 10-15 minutes.
2. Prepare the muffin pans by dusting or lining with paper liners. I use silicon moulds..so I directly pour the batter into them..no prep needed.
- In a big bowl, mix yogurt and vegetable oil.
- To this, add chopped mangoes and freshly grated coconut.
- Next add sugar and mix well.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients of flour, soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Pour into lined or greased muffin moulds.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175˚C for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the moulds and then cool completely on a wire rack.
1. Finely chop the mangoes. DO NOT purée them.
2. The yogurt gives it the desired moisture and makes it spongy. It is a muffin that will leave you wanting for more. I’m sure you’ll have to whip up another batch as soon as you try these.