The land is baked and I’m still on to baking..what’s wrong with me? Well..nothing’s wrong with me.. it’s just my love for baking that wins over the scorching heat. I’m planning to take a break from oh-that-smell-of-fresh-heaven (I mean, baking) and concentrate on summer delights—mango, watermelon, musk melon, cucumber, mint …there’s so much that can deflate the effect of the heat and give us a refreshing feeling.
Vanilla mug cake. Oreo mug cake.. Well.. why not a mug cake made with my favourite and delicious fruit…and umm.. with little mess in just under 5 minutes.. Hell yeah.. my day can’t get perfect.. Mango mug cake it is !
I know that just two minutes ago I said that I’ll be taking a break from baking.. point A- mug cakes aren’t actually included in baking. Point B- It is made of mangoes and is definitely a summer delight.
Why so much discussion about why Mango Mug Cake? The question her would be.. WHY NOT this gorgeous delight? There’s nothing that would dissuade me from making ! And I mean..nothing!
Well well.. roll up your sleeves.. and just get on with it..!
Easy to make, eggless mango mug cake-all in one sentence and my day is made!
Mango Mug Cake Recipe-
Preparation Time- 2 minutes
Cooking Time- 2 minutes (microwave)
All purpose flour- 4 tbsp
Mango purée- 3 tbsp
Granulated sugar- 4 tbsp
Vanilla essence- 2-3 drops
Milk- 4 tbsp
Baking powder- ½ tsp
Baking soda- ¼ tsp
Salt- a pinch
Chocolate chips- optional
- Mix mango purée, milk, oil, vanilla essence and granulated sugar. Whisk well.
- In another bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mango purée mixture. Beat it well to gain a smooth and creamy batter.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, if using. Put the batter into a greased mug and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Let it cool completely. Enjoy!
- Time taken will vary depending upon the microwave. Mine was done in 2 minutes and 10 seconds. It is best to check at 90 seconds mark.
- The batter can be whisked instead of beating. I prefer beating the batter to give it the perfect creamy texture.
- I didn’t add chocolate chips in the batter. Instead, I sprinkled some chocolate shavings on top after the mug cake was prepared.