The first thing that comes to one’s mind with ‘lemonade’ is the tasty and tangy lemon flavoured drink. That sounds good but what if it was made with mangoes? Well.. that would be a bonus ! No? Hell yeah !
If you need something to drench your thirst with –here is the perfect solution –the classic lemonade with the mangooey twist !!
This lemonade will soothe your parched throat and will undoubtedly leave you wanting for me.
Mango Lemonade Recipe-
Preparation Time- 10 minutes
Ripe mango- 1
Granulated sugar- 1/3 cup
Water- ½ cup
Chilled water- 5-6 cups
Juice of 2 lemons
Lemon slice, mint sprigs- for garnish
1. Combine water and sugar and let it come to a boil. Reduce the flame and cook until the solution thickens, about 5 minutes. Switch off the flame and let it come to room temperature. The sugar syrup is ready to be used. Refrigerate it until its usage.
2. Extract the juice from the lemons and discard the seeds.
3. Roughly chop the mango into pieces (reserve few for garnish) and blend them into a smooth purée. Refrigerate it until it is to be used.
4. When serving- first pour 2 tbsp of sugar syrup in each glass. Then add 2 tsp of lemon juice and 2-3 tbsp of mango purée and mix well using a stirrer. Top it with chilled water and mix again.
5. Add ice cubes or crushed ice, as needed. Garnish with mango/ lemon slices and mint leaves. Serve chilled.
1. The sugar syrup made in step 1 may be made in large quantities and refrigerated for about ten days. It may be used in various mocktails and drinks.