I needed a break from the routine and the basic cake flavours. I had the urge to try something delicious and different. And i stumbled upon exactly the type of cake I’d wanna try! I found this recipe on ticklingpalates.com. What a perfect way to incorporate coffee in a cake! Coffee lover or not… I don’t know why you wouldn’t wanna try something this delicious and this different..
Eggless Coffee Cake Recipe
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Baking Time: 40-45 minutes
All purpose flour – 1¼ cups
Powdered sugar – 1¼ cups
Cocoa powder – 3 tbsp
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda – ½ tsp
Instant coffee powder – 1½ tsp
Fresh yogurt – ¾ cup
Vegetable oil – ½ cup
Milk – 4 tbsp
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp (optional)
0. Preheat oven to 180˚C. Prepare a baking dish by either lining it or using the grease-and-flour method.
1. In a bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder together.
2. Mix instant coffee powder in milk and keep it ready.
3. In another bowl, take yogurt and powdered sugar together.
4. Whisk together the yogurt and sugar.
6. Add the flour mixture in 2 batches to the wet ingredients and fold gently till a batter of dropping consistency is formed.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or till a skewer inserted comes out clean. Take the pan out of the oven and once cooled down completely invert on to a plate. Slice and serve.
- The original recipe called for more coffee and cocoa but I found that a little on the higher side. So I have reduced their quantities and increased the sugar content.
- Serve as is or dusted with castor sugar. You can even drizzle caramel sauce or chocolate sauce, depending on the taste.