Am I ever tired of baking? Well, the answer is simply ‘NEVER’. I just need someone to munch on and I’m a happy bird! 🙂 Well.. having someone to attack the plate usually isn’t a problem..so the only task I’ve to worry about is cooking/baking. 😉
I’ve always baked cakes and cupcakes..and it was time I decided that I needed to bake a savory dish..something very usual but with a twist of baking.
And this is what sounded perfect. A flavourful and easy side dish. Baked Pumpkin.
Baked Pumpkin Recipe-
Preparation Time- 10 minutes
Cooking Time- 30 minutes
Recipe from- NDTV food
1kg pumpkin- cubed
Salt and pepper- to taste
4 cloves garlic with skin (lightly pressed with the back of the knife)
1 tsp coriander seeds crushed roughly
2 tsp red wine vinegar
2 dry red chillies, broken down into 2 pieces each
½ tsp chilli powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 200˚C and add the pumpkin to the baking dish.
- Flavour the pumpkin with salt and pepper.
- Then add garlic cloves.
- Add crushed coriander seeds, red wine vinegar, red chillies and red chilli powder.
- Drizzle olive oil and gently toss to coat.
- Then put the baking dish into the oven and bake at 180˚C for 30 minutes. Serve fresh !
Note- You can also add a handful sprigs of fresh thyme or fresh coriander leaves.