I love tea and always need something to accompany it and not only that… something that accompanies it well. I had always been curious about baking breads—homemade, fresh and delicious ! It was time I decided to bake an easy and eggless banana bread. Two birds and one stone! Et voilà ! It turned out to be great and probably one of the best tea accompaniments I’ve had in a while.
Banana bread is a very popular tea-time bread- loaded with the gooey goodness of mashed bananas.
Got some bananas that are over-ripe? Well.. now you know what to do with them ! Try it and you won’t be disappointed !
Not much of a hassle.. just mix everything up and let it bake. And the only two chores left are—make a huge cup of tea and slice this beauty up !
Banana Bread Recipe-
Serves- 1 large loaf
Preparation Time- 15 minutes
Baking Time- 40-45 minutes
Baking Temperature- 175˚C
1¾ cups all-purpose flour
⅔ cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1¼ cup mashed bananas
4 tbsp milk (room temperature)
2 tbsp water
0. Preheat the oven to 175˚C. Prepare a large loaf pan by spraying it with non-stick cooking spray.
1. In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
2. Stir in the mashed bananas, water and milk. Mix with a stand or hand-held mixer for 2-3 minutes. Mix to combine.
3. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake just until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, around 40 minutes.
4. Cool completely and then remove from the baking pan. Slice it up and enjoy this delicious tea-time bread.
1. You can add raisins, candied cherries, cranberries or chopped pecans/ walnuts. I used candied cherries and they worked great for me.
2. While using any kind of dry fruits, make sure that you toss them in 3-4 tablespoons of all-purpose flour. Then add them to the prepared batter. This will ensure that all the nutty goodness doesn’t sink to the bottom of your baking dish.
3. Since chocolate and banana are best of friends from the very beginning of time, you can even stir in some chocolate chips.