Have you ever had the urge to eat a cake but the efforts and the time demanded scared you away? OR that sudden insatiable craving at an odd time? Well.. the solution is here. MUG CAKES! The concept has been doing the rounds of the culinary world and has been popularized over past some time.
It’s a major quick fix..but don’t let that fool you.. it’s actually great and I ended up wondering if I should rather shift permanently to this method… A variety of mug cake recipes are available but I needed a sure-shot recipe that wouldn’t fail me at the time of the hunger-test.
So, here’s a basic vanilla mug cake recipe that takes a total of only 4 minutes ! It’s moist.. it’s filling .. it’s easy.. and it’s GOOD ..! AND the best part is that it’s SPONGY too ! 🙂
Go grab a mug and make this right now !
EGG LESS VANILLA MUG CAKE IN 2 MINUTES RECIPE
Makes – 1 Mug Cake
Preparation time – 2 minutes
Cook time – 2 minutes (microwave)
All purpose flour – 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp
Granulated sugar – 2 tbsp
Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – 1/8 tsp
Milk – 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp
Unsalted butter, melted – 2 tbsp
Vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Give it a good mix using a spoon.
2. Pour the batter into a microwave safe mug and bake for a minute. Tap it gently and then microwave again for a minute.
3. Serve warm with chocolate syrup. Sprinkles, chocolate chips, chocolate shavings or candied dry fruits may also be used to decorate.
- The cake batter is to be prepared in a separate bowl and then transferred to the mug in which it will be baked.
- Make sure the mug is microwave safe.
- The mug cake takes exactly 2 minutes. Check it once at the first minute and give it a little tap. And then bake for another minute.
- Flavours and colours may be added to get the mug cake in the desired flavour.
- Take a mug that is wide mouthed, rather than one which is narrow. It gives more surface of contact and makes it easier to bake. Also, the mug shouldn’t be filled more than half or two-thirds. There must be room for rising, just like in the case of any other cake.